Wednesday, November 13, 2013


So, I noticed a sweater in the J.Jill catalog that I received today.  Looks an awful lot like Strokkur, the pattern created by Ysolda Teague.  We are having a KAL for this pattern, starting on Dec. 7. If you want the sweater from J.Jill you will have to shell out $119.  If you knit the Strokkur at Woolbearers it will cost a lot less and you will have a lot more fun!  Hope you can join us.













I have been starting lots of projects lately.  But the one that I'm really excited about is Vivid, a small blanket from TinCan Knits.  I just started knitting a square and am already addicted. Each square is begun with the Emily Ocker cast-on.  Remember I blogged about this in an August 2007 post? There is a nice You-Tube video that explains how to do this cast-on -- from Mountain Mom.  


















I decided to dye yarn in lots of varying colors going up and down the hue scale. I am going to kit up the yarn, so you don't have to buy full skeins - each square takes only 70 yards or so. Here are some of the colors I've dyed already.



I'll definitely be doing more color families.  This is lots of fun.

Another KAL going on at Woolbearers is the Braid Hill Cardigan KAL.  Here's mine so far
It's a little hard to see the cables, but I have definitely become a "cable without a cable needle" convert.  I'll explain how it's done next time -- with pix.

Speaking of dyeing yarn, Marcia, a longtime customer, wanted to knit the Rosita Jacket from Knitters 108, but couldn't find a yarn to suit her.  So, I volunteered to dye some yarn and just can't believe the wonderful results.  The black and white intarsia is done out of Cascade 220, but the rest of the sweater is out of Woolbearers' Worsted Merino. Just love it!
Branwen is a beginning knitter who wanted to knit some baby clothes during her pregnancy.  She started with a sweater and then added hat and booties.  Here they are before baby and 

 on baby!
 How cute is that?

No comments: