Saturday, June 20, 2015

Jersey Shore Knits



Foxpaws, designed by Xandy Peters  is a very popular pattern on Ravelry. I love the inventive design and Xandy's use of stacked increases.   Very clever.  I just had to start one out of my hand dyed fingering yarn -- lots of color choices.

I was curious when Xandy posted that she was looking for Indie dyers who reside in New Jersey for a new project. I contacted her and we met in NYC at a coffee bar in Noho.  I schlepped every color of fingering yarn I had and some finished projects too.  Xandy loved the subtle colors I used in my first Vivid blanket project - the colors reminded her of the old Victorian homes in Ocean City and thought it would be a good match for one of her projects.





















Xandy's e-book, Jersey Shore Knits was published this week  and has been a huge hit on Ravelry.  The pattern my yarn was used for is called "Seashells" and uses 2 skeins of 3 different colorways of Woolbearers Fingering Weight. 

I've already downloaded all the patterns and will start this real soon.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so great to see you out this up, I cannot wait to share. You're always humble about your yarns, but they rival other brands. They're unique since they have the slightest color variation, a trademark look of semi solid yarn which most fingering weight colorwork yarns lack.

Woolbearers yarn is definitely some of the best in my stash.

Unknown said...

I love this pattern and have been meaning to get around to trying her stacked increases technique. Her whole collection is great. I had the opportunity to meet Xandy at Vogue Live and was very impressed. Can't wait to see your version.